Grangettes Switzerland: reliable and conscientious design cosmetics
Reliable and conscientious design. Cosmetics rated excellent on the platforms; to design them, we follow a strict charter. Explanations.
Grangettes Switzerland is a Swiss cosmetics brand combining know-how, high-technology, sensoriality, efficiency and ethics.
How are our products designed? The answer in this article.
The final price of the product, a key factor for many brands
Many brands of cosmetics take as a basis the final sale price of a product to design it.
To put it simply, they define a price and ensure that they produce a cosmetic as close as possible to this objective.
As the “price factor” represents the most important constraint to respect, many compromise are to be done in terms of quality of ingredients, sensoriality, effectiveness and respect for animals and the environment.
Grangettes Switzerland: a unique and atypical approach
A strict charter as a guideline
If you have read our previous articles, in particular the one on our charte clean, you already know: we are very attached to the principle 100% healthy ingredients, effectiveness, sensoriality and ethics ; we also practice a policy of fair price.
The design of our products is based on the desired result and compliance with our charter: labellisation “Peta Animal Test Free and Vegan”, respect for living things and the environment, exclusion of controversial ingredients and excellent rating on cosmetic analysis platforms, no superfluous ingredients, sensoriality, and effectiveness in the short, medium and long term.
Imagine the ideal product
When we want to integrate a new product into our range of Swiss cosmetics, we define a precise specifications from which we do not deviate. Depending on the feedback from the chemists in our laboratory, we decide whether or not to develop the product:
- if the experts assure that the product is feasible without compromise and remaining at a reasonable price, we launch the design;
- if, conversely, too many compromises are necessary and we have to lower our requirements, we prefer to cancel or postpone the creation of this new product while waiting for new innovations in the cosmetology sector.
The example of a hand cream
Let’s take the example of a hand cream. Our specifications could include the following elements:
- elements of sensoriality : not sticky, have a neutral or pleasant and not overpowering odor, beauty of the bottle;
- expected results : hydration and anti-spot action;
- formulation : exclusion of controversial ingredients (for example: ingredients suspected of being toxic, carcinogenic, endocrine disruptors, pollutants, comedogenic or allergens);
- respect for humans at all phases of the production chain;
- respect for animals with “Peta Animal Test Free and Vegan” labeling, the strictest in this area;
- respect the environment : eco-responsible packaging, no plastic or silicone microbeads;
- affordable and fair prices.
This list is of course not exhaustive and our specifications are extremely detailed. Once one is finalized, we communicate it to our teams. If the design of such a cream is feasible, we carry out several iterations of samples, in order to evaluate the cream, until we obtain the desired result according to organoleptic and galenic criteria, to know : sensation to the touch, speed of penetration, whether it is sticky or not, color, odor, ease of spreading, shaping of the product, etc..
As soon as the right product is determined, we judge whether its efficiency corresponds to the specifications. If the result is conclusive, the creams are tested by several experts from different fields, who give us their opinion. Once the final adjustments have been made, this cream will see the light of day. If we are still not satisfied with the result, production will not be launched.
Grangettes Switzerland: the guarantee of successful products
You will have understood: we recommend the quality rather than quantity. We prefer to have few products in store, but for each of them to be successful, efficient and sensory.
This is for example why we have not yet developed Solar cream, car no UV filter meets our requirements.
As mentioned in our article "everything you need to know about sun protection", our strict requirements do not yet make it possible to produce the protection of our dreams: we are patient and focusing our efforts on other areas in the meantime!