What is a facial serum used for and how to choose it?
To take care of your skin, the face serum is essential. Moisturizing and nourishing, it applies after skin cleansing, just before your moisturizer. We give you all the advice to benefit from its benefits!
And serum is a concentrated liquid, containing active ingredients which target skin problems specific. This product repairs or protects the skin, and helps you fight against signs of aging (hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, lack of firmness, elasticity, etc.). So how to include the serum in your daily routine ? How to apply it? How to choose it?
Zoom in on this beauty product with many virtues!
What is a facial serum?
The face serum is a highly concentrated care product in assets, such as essential fatty acids, hyaluronic acid, vitamins and even plant and fruit extracts. This cosmetic product is intended to meet the specific needs of the skin, and therefore to restore its radiance, rehydrate it, or control the production of sebum.
The role of a facial serum is to prepare the skin before applying the day or night cream. The assets act as a booster, which reinforces the properties of the cream. The ingredients it contains make your face more radiant, firmer, smoother and softer, and are also real allies in filling in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What is the difference between a facial serum and a facial oil?
The facial serum is used before your day cream, just after cleansing the skin. Since it contains water, it is light and easily penetrates the skin, unlike oils, which apply a protective film on the surface.
Facial oil, for its part, acts as a emollient moisturizer, and is often used after your soothing face cream : it seals hydration in the skin, and helps correct the appearance of redness and wrinkles.
How to use a facial serum?
To apply your face serum, you must follow the steps in your beauty routine ! First of all, in order to maximize its effects, your skin must be perfectly own, And makeup removed. Opt for one make-up cleansing face lotion which cleanses, hydrates and soothes the skin. This phase helps you prepare the epidermis to receive care.
The serum is often applied using a pipette : you just need to place a few drops in your hands. In general, a small amount is enough to cover the entire face. In order to penetrate the serum correctly and uniformly, make small circular massages with the product all over your face. Perform the gestures from bottom to top to accompany the effect tensor of your care.
Avoid the area eye area. For this part of the face, it is often recommended to opt for cosmetic products specially adapted, because the skin is thinner in this area, and the signs of aging appear more quickly. THE eye contour gel can be your best friend here!
Depending on the needs of your skin, you can apply your facial serum in the morning and/or evening. Note, however, that the skin regenerates more quickly during the night: if a single application is enough, therefore favor application in the evening, after cleansing your skin.
When is it necessary to use a skin serum?
You can use a face serum for several reasons :
- If your skin lacks radiance : you will opt for a product that brings pep to your face, with active ingredients vitamin C For example ;
- If your skin lacks hydration : choose a facial serum to hyaluronic acid, which deeply hydrates and retains water in the heart of the cells;
- If your skin becomes mature : if you see brown spots, a lack of firmness, as well as small wrinkles, opt for a treatment with tightening and lifting effects;
- If you feel that your skin is oilier in summer : you need to adapt your beauty routine in summer. The skin needs to be more hydrated, better protected from the sun, and pampered in the evening afterwards. exposure to the sun ;
- If you see any blemishes on your face : redness, small spots…
Note that the choice of serum can be done depending on age. In fact, at 20 years old or at 50 years old, the skin does not have the same needs. At 20, opt for a face serum concentrated in anti-imperfection active ingredients, and which bring a burst of brilliance to your complexion.
At 50, focus on hydration, and ingredients that boost collagen production. Your goal? Find a serum which strengthens the firmness of the skin, and smoothes wrinkles: lifting ingredients will be perfect allies here.
How to choose your face serum?
To choose your face serum, several criteria count:
- Opt for compositions cleans : avoid parabens, THE harmful ingredients And controversial, like the silicones, PEGs, irritants, allergens, comedogenic ingredients, petroleum derivatives, endocrine disruptors, polluting ingredients. THE cosmetic analysis applications comme Yuka ou Clean Beauty can help you see things more clearly;
- Opt for a certified facial serum Cruelty Free and Vegan : you are certain that none of the ingredients that make up your product are of animal origin, and has not been tested on animals;
- Choose a serum that contains hyaluronic acid, as well as tensing, protective and moisturizing active ingredients. The Grangettes Switzerland face lifting serum + gel will be sure to take care of your skin with each application!
Ready to choose your face serum ?