Tips for choosing the right makeup remover
The makeup removal is a crucial step in the beauty routine : it effectively eliminates makeup as well as some of the impurities that accumulate on the surface of the skin during the day.
In the market, you have many types of products to choose from. makeup removers, and it can sometimes be difficult to find your way: micellar water, cleansing milk, cleansing oil, cleansing lotion...
Which product to choose for which skin type? What criteria should we focus on to find the best makeup remover for your face? Focus on this essential step for your beauty routine !
The importance of removing makeup
Makeup removal removes impurities
The make-up removal stage, in addition to removing the make-up on your face, frees your skin from dead cells, allergens, pollution particles and of dust, as well as sebum. Without makeup remover, these remain on your epidermis, clog pores and prevent your skin from breathing! You then see appear blackheads and blemishes.
Thanks to a daily makeup removal, you keep your skin healthy and bright. Freed from impurities, the skin regenerates much easier!
Avoid clogged pores
THE cosmetics, such as the foundation, powder or eye shadow, form a film on your face that blocks pores and prevents the skin from breathing properly. This problem favors the arrival of black dots persistent, but also inflammation and redness. For smoother skin, without imperfection, the stage of makeup removal is therefore essential!
Take care of your lips, your eyes, your eyelashes
When you do not follow the makeup removal step, you weaken your eyes, your eyelashes and your lips. Indeed, if you sleep without removing your makeup, your eyelashes dry out and become brittle. Eventually, they may even have problems growing. But that's not all: the residues of mascara and of eyeshadow are likely to slip under your eyelids. To avoid the eye infections (conjunctivitis or corneal infections for example), so take care to remove makeup from your eyes.
Furthermore, on the face, the area of the eye area is particularly fragile, since the skin is very thin in this area. By removing your makeup, you avoid the risk of it appearing. premature wrinkles.
The lipstick can dry out and crack your lips if worn for too long. At night, let your lips breathe and nourish them with a moisturizing balm, so that the skin regenerates.
Improve skin cell renewal
When the face is not removed correctly, sebum and dead skin are trapped under the layer of foundation: this phenomenon pdisrupts cell renewal skin. You have drier skin, you lack hydration, and your pores are more enlarged. To accompany the renewal of your skin cells, purify it every evening with a makeup remover adapted to your needs.
What types of makeup remover to choose?
It exists 4 skin types : the normal, oily, combination or dry skin. These different skin types do not have the same needs and react in different ways to the cosmetics used during skin care. beauty routine. This is why there is so much diversity of textures in the makeup remover aisle. On the market, you then have the choice between several types of makeup removers:
- Micellar water : she is composed small surfactant particles, also called micelles. These retain both oil and water, which allows you to effectively get rid of makeup, but also impurities such as excess sebum, leftover creams, perspiration, dust and even pollution. Micellar water is also very interesting for regulating the production of sebum skins mixed to fatty, and it maintains their hydrolipidic film intact;
- Cleansing oil : she p youallows you to remove all lipophilic impurities which accumulate on the face during the day. It is very effective in unclogging pores and can be used on all skin types. Opt for a makeup remover designed with vegetable oils such as jojoba or sweet almond oil, which are non-comedogenic and therefore may be very suitable for skin prone to blemishes. The cleansing oil emulsifies on contact with water, and leaves no greasy finish;
- The Cleansing milk : it has a light and soft texture, and is particularly suitable for dry skins and sensitive. It is applied with a cotton pad or reusable makeup remover wipe and does not require rinsing with water: a real plus if you have atopic, dry or mature, which fears limestone;
- The makeup remover foam : she brings a veil of freshness and of lightness to the most skin grasses. It helps you gently remove makeup and is conducive to self-massage of the skin, which helps promote microcirculation. However, it tends to dry up the skin, and will not be suitable for sensitive and dry epidermis, but nevertheless allows regulate sebum production oily skin;
- The makeup remover lotion : it is suitable for all skin types, And aims to boost the radiance of your face and dislodge the pore impurities of your skin. Its qualities are ideal for integrating into the routine of care of normal to combination skin.
What are the criteria for choosing the right makeup remover lotion?
For good choose your makeup remover, a few golden rules to guide you:
- Opt for a non-irritating makeup remover for eyes ;
- Choose one makeup remover lotion which is suitable for sensitive skins, thanks to a clean composition, without harmful or toxic ingredients, such as parabens, silicones, PEGs, irritants, petroleum derivatives, endocrine disruptors ;
- Turn to a non-comedogenic makeup remover : it is the certainty of letting your skin breathe correctly, to avoid the appearance d'imperfections ;
- Opt for a hypoallergenic makeup remover;
- Be sure to turn to a certified makeup remover PETA Cruelty Free and Vegan, to be sure that no ingredient has been tested on animals.
A routine to take care of your face in the evening
For take care of your face in the evening, here is a little beauty routine in 3 steps, with clean and ethical cosmetics Grangettes Switzerland :
- Start by removing your makeup with a makeup remover lotion which cleanses, hydrates and soothes your skin;
- Then use a face purifying gel who has a peeling effect which cleans, exfoliates and hydrates your face, to purify it;
- Finally, hydrate your skin with soothing face cream or anti-aging, then complete your treatment with a eye contour gel which reduces the effects of dark circles tired skin and released.